Tuesday 7 April 2015

DIY WASHI TAPE GARLAND


Yay! My first DIY! today, I'm going to show you how to make. Your very own WASHI tape garland! There very easy, and in the end, you get a very cute decoration to put on your wall! I have to give credit to my good friend April, she showed me how to make these when we where doing snail mail together! She also has a blog, (you can find her here) everythingapril.squarespace.com anyways, let's get started...

You will need: 
WASHI tape, (in as many colours as you like)
Scissors
String, wool or thin rope
And that's it!






Step 1:



Cut your first piece of tape, about the length of your finger, and place your string over the top, like in the image above.

Step 2:



Fold your tape downwards, and stick the two ends together, making sure that you've "wrapped" the tape around your string.

Step 3:



Take your scissors and at the end of your tape, cut two slits so that it cuts out a small triangle, this is your first flag complete!

Step 4:



Take your next colour and simply repeat the first 3 steps, making sure you leave a small gap between each flag.




Step 5:



When your finished adding your desired amount of flags, I suggest that if your using thin rope, that you wrap some tape around both the ends, this just stops the rope from fraying and looking bad,

Step 6:



Hang on your wall and enjoy!!



I hope you loved my first DIY! There are many more to come :-) and if you have any ideas for a post I could do, just comment below!
Lulu xx

No comments:

Post a Comment